Monday, November 24, 2008

Help!! I need photagraphy Advice!


First of all let me start by saying Hutch started basketball and was a RIOT to watch!! When they scrimmaged he scored 4 out of the 5 baskets, but each time he had to be redirected to the right hoop!!! I don't think he dribbled once and he just plowed through the other little guys like a HUGE lineman!
Now here's for the advice - these were my BEST 3 pics. I cannot get the lighting right in a Gym! It's either too dark, red eyes, or blurry with movement. I asked other moms and they had the Same problem, any advice??




3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Tammi, first of all, it depends on the type of camera and lens you are using. A few things that can help your dark photos taken indoors would be more light, which is probably obvious, but sometimes even with a flash it is not enough. To get more light bump up the speed of your film or bump up your ISO setting. If you can change your lens on your camera use a lens with a wide aperture(lets more light in). You can also slow down the shutter speed, but if it is too slow your action photos will be blurry. Hope that helps.

jenandjustin said...

I don't know much about taking photos... but you have the cutest Hutcher! I miss him!

Kris said...

Ok, how DARLING is Hutcher? (I know, I know, boys aren't DARLING, they're cool. Substitute if you wish!) As for picture taking help, it depends on your camera and I'm not that familliar with digitals. Owners manual may be the best help. Scott is really good at reinactments in slow motion, maybe he could give Hutch a few pointers. He does great sound effects, too. :)